Friday, October 14, 2011

Lilly turns two!

We celebrated Lilly's second birthday party last weekend. Some wonderful family friends offered their backyard for the fiesta. (Their backyard is the perfect party spot! They have a pond for goodness sake!)

I started planning this whole thing months ago, which was a little rough since I also had a newborn to care for. I think it all turned out pretty awesome though. We went with a rainbow theme... kind of. I ended up adding pink to the mix when I found some really cute hot pink serving dishes on clearance.


I think the mason jars turned utensil holders were one of my favorite things at the party. They were so much cuter than a pile of spoons on the table. Oh, and that cake. I spent a few hours the day before the party baking a six-layer cake and 24 cupcakes. The cake looks pretty crazy and that's because I got a little lazy when it came time to level things off. Eh, what can ya do? (By the way, Lilly painted that frame all by herself!)


I totally geeked out over the snacks. I made ROYGBIV fruit and vegetable trays (yeah, I left out a few colors. But I think ROYGBLACKOLIVES works just as well!) and fruity pebbles treats. We also had bowls of rainbow goldfish crackers and M&Ms. Yum!


I cut circles of poster board to hang above the snack station. So cute and simple!


The bubble station was a lot of fun. I made bubble solution for the kids to refill their bottles. I wish it wasn't pink. I think a lot of people were tempted to take a sip. Thank god no one did!


I had to zoom in on another picture to show off these centerpieces. I bought every box of crayons in Southern California to make these. It was so cool to walk around the tables and see all of the doodles and birthday wishes our guests left behind.


Man alive. The food was so good. A friend of ours is an awesome cook and he made brisket, pulled pork, baked beans and macaroni and cheese for us. I'm drooling now just thinking about it.


Lilly and I had a lot of help opening the presents. She kept saying, "Mine! Mine!" as we opened them. Haha. She's such a lucky little girl!


The amazing rainbow cake was a success. I think everyone let out a collective "Woah!" when I sliced into it. It was delicious!


Ok, these monster cutouts ruled. I painted the monsters and my oh-so-talented dad built the frames. I want to keep them around forever.


We also had a tunnel for the kids to crawl through.


And of course, a ball pit! Those mini balls were crazy expensive, so I only bought one 250-count bag. I wish we had more to fill the pit, but the kids were totally happy with it.

So, there we have it. Lilly's party! It was a blast and I'm thankful for everyone that came to celebrate with us. I can't believe she's already two. I told her to stop growing up so fast but I think she's ignoring me.

1 comment:

  1. I know I already told u but this is seriously an awesome party! Super cute ideas and it's amazing that u did it all with two little ones on your plate!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...