Wednesday, March 28, 2012

How does your garden grow?

I want a garden soooo bad. That's pretty much the main reason I want a house. Yeah, more space and equity and all that sounds great, but seriously, just give me a yard with plenty of room to plant things. I have visions of homegrown tomatoes and zucchini and onions dancing through my head. (Really, is there anything better than a homegrown tomato? A little bit of salt sprinkled on top? Droooool.)

Our apartment isn't very gardening friendly. We have a sweet little patio that, except for a tiny little corner, is entirely shaded. I've been eyeing these cheap grow kits in Target's dollar section for some time and I finally decided to take a chance on a Basil kit. This morning, the girls and I began our adventure in apartment gardening.

Oh, Mama, this is going to be delicious.

Lilly was actually pretty grossed out by the whole ordeal. After a few choruses of "Ewww! Gross!," I coaxed her back to the table and explained that our plant wasn't ready to eat yet. The "gross stuff" was just dirt, not food. Haha. She was into it, after that.

Lilly was in charge of sprinkling the seeds.

So proud of our work.



We put our plant on the patio, next to Lilly's coveted "puhple flowees" and blew it some kisses. Lilly wouldn't leave. She kept insisting that she wanted to watch it grow. (Insert awwww sound effect here.)

Here's hoping it works. I love Basil and I know Lilly will get a kick out of watching it sprout. In the meantime, if anyone wants to bring me some homegrown tomatoes or a deed to a house with a big backyard, be my guest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...