Of course, I'm not really a pro at any of these things. In fact, I'm totally a newb when it comes to all of them. But, I am determined to become a Jack Jill of all Trades. I want to be one of those impressive women that dazzles everyone with her vast array of talent and skill. I want to make my own clothes and grow my own food. (Wait... am I thinking of becoming Amish?!)
I know. I must be insane. I have very little free time to dedicate to hobbies these days, but, eh... I figure I might as well give it a shot. You only live once, right?
I think the key to success is focusing on one hobby at a time. I don't want to get totally overwhelmed, after all.
Remember when I wrote about my expensive new camera and how I needed all the help I could get to master the new thing? Yeah, well... I'm still working on it but I think I've come a long way. I attended a photography workshop recently and I've been reading plenty of photography books and blogs. I turned my camera to manual mode about a month ago and I haven't looked back.
My pictures aren't exactly groundbreaking... but I think they're getting pretty darn good. I know I need more practice... if only my miniature models were a little more eager to pose for Mommy. Lilly loves the camera when I'm taking pictures of Addie, but the second I point the lens her direction, she's usually over it.
So... anyone want to volunteer for a photo shoot? I can't promise the pictures will be good. And I can't promise that I won't get overwhelmed and have a total caffeine pill induced freakout... but I can promise that I won't charge you anything. And I (kinda sorta) know what I'm doing. Kinda. Sorta.
In the meantime, I guess I'll keep taking pictures of my sweet Adeline. She hasn't learned to crawl away from me... yet.
i wish we lived close, you could take portraits of us and the girls (as in the pugs, hahah). your photos are looking so good! you are really getting the hang of it!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I would love that! Maybe one day!
Delete