I take mental notes of all the cool crafts I want to (eventually) do with my girls. (Well, mostly with Lilly, since Addie is pretty busy learning to roll over and support her own head these days. I'm sure that once she gets the hang of all of these new skills, she'll join in on our fun.) I was recently inspired by this post and it made me so ridiculously happy that I had to bust out my paint stash and try to spread the love.
Lilly and I went rock hunting at a friend's house the other day. I told Lilly to grab her purple bucket so we could collect rocks and she nearly did a backflip. I love how even the littlest surprises make her so insanely happy. I hope she never loses that about her.
She got a little frustrated once she realized she had paint all over her paws, so we had to take a break from the painting for a clean-up/cuddle session. She really hates getting messy. But she loved her painted rocks!
Lilly painted all of those cute turquoise rocks. She loved mixing any colors she could dip her brush in.
She kept calling those two green rocks "mommy" and "baby" ... and she also made sure they stayed right next to each other the entire time. (I'm sorry if your heart just exploded from cute overload.)
You know what's really hard? Painting rocks. Haha. I guess I don't have a very steady hand. I wanted to write more phrases on the rocks, but Lilly kept demanding hearts. Hearts! Hearts! Hearts forever!
The next day, we packed one of her purses full of rocks and sprinkled a few of them throughout our apartment complex. She thought it was a great idea.
She insisted on keeping them paired up... wouldn't want our rocks to be lonely, after all.
She loved finding fun places to hide the rocks. It was kind of like a reverse Easter egg hunt.
Whenever we leave the house, I make sure to grab a few rocks from our collection and toss them in my purse so Lilly can leave a little love wherever we go. Of course, our rocks didn't come out quite as adorable as colormekatie's did, but I'm pretty proud of them. What can I say? I'm a professional mom, not an artist.
very cute! i would be so happy to find one of those randomly.
ReplyDelete