Monday, January 2, 2012

12 in '12

I love New Year's Resolutions. I'm not big on actually keeping them, but I love the whole idea of starting fresh, having goals, taking chances... all that hoopla. For way too many years, my main resolution was to quit biting my nails. Welp, I'm proud to report that after a decade's worth of failed attempts, I've kicked the habit. I've gone about two years without biting my nails and I have a whole collection of nail polish to prove it. So, with that resolution tackled and that fire behind me, I'm moving on. Jill over at Baby Rabies blogged about her 12 to do in 2012 and she invited us to join her. I may not accomplish all of these goals but I'm definitely going to try. If I even accomplish one, I'll feel pretty stinkin' good.

1. Live healthier. Aaron and I have definitely dropped the ball on this one. We've been eating out way more than we should and we've also allowed way too much crappy food into our home. We have decided that 2012 is our year to ditch all the processed junk and that gross lifestyle. No more fast food. No more junk food. Lots of exercise. I want to lose all the baby weight I've gained in the last year, but even more so, I want to live a healthier lifestyle. We're going to take things slowly but I'm confident this one will be a success. We need to do it for ourselves and our girls.

2. Be a better mom. I need to work on making more time for my little ladies. I want to be more patient with them. I want to wash less dishes and give more cuddles. I want to have more tea parties and spend less time folding laundry. I want to cherish every day with my babies.

3. Improve my marriage. More dates, more kisses, more romance. Ooh la la.

4. Get out. Oh dear God, yes! Please! We rarely leave the house during the week. That was acceptable when Addie was still a newbie, but it's been nearly six months and we still spend most of our time indoors. Not anymore. I think 2012 will hold a lot of park playdates. And post-dinner walks. I'll take anything.


5. Show that camera of mine who's boss. I'm getting pretty good at this whole photography thing, but there's still a lot to learn. I need to make time to practice. I'm fairly certain I can convince Lilly to model for me if I bribe her with M&Ms.

6. Be a better friend. I want to make more time to hang out with my pals. They're awesome people and I love being around them, so why not do it more often?

7. Get crafty. There are a million things I want to make. Darn you, Pinterest! I've pinned so many cool ideas, but that's all I've done. It's time to get creative. I don't want to put too much pressure on myself, so let's shoot for one craft a month. That sounds feasible. 

8. No distractions. Less television, less internet. Easy enough. 

9. Get organized. Our closets requested this one specifically. We have an insane amount of stuff to get rid of. A Pee-wee Herman doll, a million striped shirts, a Nelson pillow. Here's hoping we have at least one yard sale this year. 

10. Get cookin'. Pinterest has also inspired me to expand my cooking repertoire. I want to try at least one new recipe every week. Of course, we're planning to eat healthier so I'll have to avoid all of those cheesy-bacon-ranch dressing-fried-goodness-something or another dishes. 

11. Spruce this place up. We have lived in this apartment for nearly two years and our walls are still blank. I should really try to hang up a photo or two. 

12. Spend less, save more. Remember how I mentioned my nail polish collection earlier? Yeah, well... I've spent a lot of money on nail polish... and Clinique... and burritos... and lots of other crap. Aaron and I want to move to Tennessee in early 2013 so we have to, and I mean HAVE TO, save more. We're pinning our hopes on me winning a ton of money on Wheel of Fortune, but we definitely need a backup plan in case I totally blow it. (If you were wondering, I'm just waiting on a call from WoF for my tape date. It could be any day between now and September. I should really bust out that Wii and start practicing. Mama wants a house!)

So, that's that. Wish me luck! What are you planning to do in 2012? This is our year, pals!

4 comments:

  1. ummmm please save the pee wee herman doll for me. i have been looking for one!!
    i can't wait for your wheel of fortune taping! i want you to win 100,000 dollars!
    and i hear you on the eating out thing. we stopped buying processed food for our pantry....then we just started eating out way more! not the best way to do it.
    good luck valerie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pee wee is pretty banged up but he's yours!

    we were doing pretty well with the whole eating thing before we had kids. after lilly was born we totally got off track. dang kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very doable list to me. I have a lot of the same things on mine...get healthier, organize, things like that. Good luck on Wheel of Fortune! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you very much! every time my phone rings i freak out thinking it's them. haha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...