Sunday, January 1, 2012

So long, 2011!


Thanks to a tummy bug and a broken car, the Ronins spent the last day of 2011 in our apartment. I'm not complaining. We had a lot of fun.

We started the day by turning our living room into a campground. Aaron kept referring to it as "Occupy Living Room." Addie got some good tummy time in and Lilly had a lot of fun yelling, "Cold, Mommy! Cold!" and stealing all of the blankets.


We watched Tim Burton's Charlie and The Chocolate Factory and then I remembered that the best part of NYE is the Twilight Zone marathon on SciFi SyFy. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with Rod Serling, eating lots of snacks, playing in our living room and occasionally wearing party hats. Lilly even hosted her first tea party.



Dora was the guest of honor.



I think Lilly's favorite part of the evening was our banana split feast. Can you really blame her?


On a side note, have you ever noticed how many outfit changes this girl goes does? I have. My washer and dryer have, too. I think she wore four different outfits today alone. Oy vey.

We finished our banana splits and then cracked open our Memory Jar. I am so glad we did that! It's definitely a new Ronin tradition.


Both girls crashed shortly thereafter. Aaron and I spent the rest of 2011 in the Twilight Zone. It was the perfect way to end the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...