She was pretty excited about her surprise. I put a towel down in an effort to contain the inevitable mess that was to come. That made her even more excited. "Towel, Mama? For MEEEE?!?!"
There was a lot of shoveling...
and touching...
and starting all over again.
I think she had a great time. Here's some proof:
I first saw the idea for a rice sensory bin floating around on Pinterest. (Of course!) I love it for a few reasons: 1. It kept Lilly entertained for a while. 2. It was super cheap and super easy to make. 3. We're trying to eat healthier this year and white rice is not on the menu plan.
In other Ronin news, that crazy stomach bug that invaded our home is finally gone. But just as soon as it left, my car decided it was ready to die, so it has been at the mechanic all week. (That's probably why I was so brave this morning. I'm going stir crazy!)
Oh, and because our apartment doesn't have enough Dora in it, Aaron's coworker sent him home with this:
Yup. It's a toddler-sized Dora cutout. I took a picture of it next to a crying baby to give you an idea of its size.
| No llores, Addie. |
Lilly is in love with it. I'm thinking I might use it as a prop for her third birthday. (Yeah, I know she just turned two, but it's never too early to start planning!) Of course, she might not even like Dora by then. Who knows? Kids are fickle.
Oh, awesome! Lilly just dumped the entire bin of rice on the floor. I might be more insane than I am brave.
No comments:
Post a Comment