Addie's birthday totally threw me off schedule and I missed Scavenger Hunt Sunday two weeks in a row. But I'm back! Hooray! This week was a little challenging. I came down with a cold, so I've been a bit off all week. (For example, I tried to order a Spicy Fry at Wendy's the other day. What does that even mean?!) Yeah... anyway, on with the hunt!
Wrapped: This picture was taken two weeks ago, so technically, its from my archives... but when I was trying to think of an image to capture for this prompt, this moment popped into my head. I imagine Lilly was explaining to Grandpa that she couldn't wait to help Addie unwrap all of her birthday presents... you know, because she's a good big sister like that.
Time Together: We spent our Saturday afternoon grocery shopping. When we got home, Lilly declared it "Summer Day"... which means she changed into a different skirt and twirled around for a bit. Before dinner, we looked at old family pictures in the girls' room. We had breakfast for dinner and root beer floats for dessert. Lilly yelled, "This is the best!" a million times today. I love sweet days like these... when we can just relax and enjoy our time together.
Tell Me a Story: Addie got this book as a gift at her birthday party. It is currently her all-time favorite! I keep it on our bookshelf in the living room and she always hunts it down for a little light reading. Lilly likes to open all of the flaps and tell Little Sister what they say.
Happy... now Sad! That's Orange, Ad! Orange!
Happy... now Sad! That's Orange, Ad! Orange!
Love: When I first saw this prompt on the list, I started thinking I needed to get all gussied up, set up the tripod and tell Aaron we were having a photoshoot. But when I stumbled upon this beauty while editing photos from our recent beach trip, my heart pretty much exploded. This is definitely my definition of love. Aaron, my No. 1 love, taking care of his two little girls, the other loves of my life. When I look at this picture, I feel like the luckiest lady in the world.
I can't imagine not having these three to hug, kiss and share I love yous with every day.
They are my world.
I can't imagine not having these three to hug, kiss and share I love yous with every day.
They are my world.
Duplicated: Aaron's footprints on the left, Lilly's on the right. Since Lilly is pretty much a duplicate of her father, I thought this would work perfectly. I mean, everyone always goes on and on about how much they look alike. Once when we were having dinner, a woman asked Aaron if he laid an egg because Lilly looked so much like him. (Insinuating that there was no mother involved. Thanks, jerk.) It used to kinda bother me and I actually considered carrying around a picture of me as a baby just to prove that she kinda-sorta-maybe-almost-might actually share my genes, too. I don't really mind anymore... especially now that she's
starting to look more like me. (Take that egg lady!)
starting to look more like me. (Take that egg lady!)

What a beautiful post, just love your tell a story, so gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much!
DeleteWhat a beautiful set of shots this week. Together, they tell a wonderful story of your family!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Good thing I edited out all of the temper tantrums and meltdowns. Haha!
DeleteThese are so great! Love the beach pictures, so sweet!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Those are my faves, too!
DeleteThe girls reading together is too sweet and I know exactly how you feel looking at the picture with your husband and girls on the beach - I have a similar shot from years and years ago with my husband and our children (now grown) - it never gets old.
ReplyDeleteAww... how sweet!
DeleteLove the love shot! And footprints! And story! Ok I like them all.
ReplyDeleteHaha! Thanks, pal!
DeleteLOVE DUPLICATED!!! And the babies looking at the pictures. Great set.
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was a little iffy about it since my husband wasn't barefoot... but I still like it. Next time, I'll make him ditch the shoes!
DeleteVery sweet post. Your Love and Duplicated are wonderful.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much!
Deletehahhaa, i can't stop laughing about the "did you lay an egg" lady! what a weird/hilarious thing to say! i think she looks more like you now anyway.
ReplyDeletethanks, rae. you're a good friend.
DeleteLooks like a great party with lots of presents. I just love the shot of the two sweethearts reading..
ReplyDeleteHugs~