I love making cookies. I actually find it kind of therapeutic. Well, as therapeutic as baking with a two-year-old can be. I let Lilly help with everything and she thought it was pretty awesome. She loved pretending the rolling pin (covered in powdered sugar, mind you) was a hairbrush and banging it over my head. Her second favorite thing to do was taste-test all of the sprinkles. I left a plate of freshly decorated cookies in front of her and turned my back for a second. I suddenly heard, "Oooh. Nummy. Shprinkies." She picked most of them off.
Our Christmas cookie bake-off was a lot of fun, albeit messy. I glanced at myself in the mirror afterward and I discovered a patch of my hair had turned snow white. I was freaking out until I realized it was just powdered sugar. That darn rolling pin...
oh my gosh i never heard the powdered sugar thing either!! that is a revelation to me!!!
ReplyDeletePowdered sugar instead of flour ..... WHAAAAT?? I've never heard of it before. You might be a genius!
ReplyDelete