Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Random tidbits and other things you probably don't care about...

I'm suffering from a bit of blogger's block right now and although my kids are still as adorable as ever, they haven't done anything exceptionally blogworthy in a while. Come on, babies! Pick up the slack.

Oh, wait. Lilly did do something really funny the other day. Aaron was about to give Addie a bath. He filled her whale tub with water and left to grab our bathing beauty. Lilly was snacking on a potato chip. I was washing my face in the bathroom when Lilly walked past me and dipped her chip into the tub full of warm water. "Nummy. Tasty!" She dipped it in again and polished off the soggy chip. She's so weird. I love it.

Anyway, I asked my facebook buds to give me writing ideas. This is what they came up with: pop punk, Elvis, more pop punk, Santa stuff, mother-in-law stuff, high school youth group memories and Suzi Boneshaker. You got it, dudes.

1. Pop punk: I love it. I like woah-oh-ohs. I like sing-along songs about love and monsters and leather jackets. I like songs that make fun of all of those things, too. I love The Ramones. I love The Copyrights. I love the Groovie Ghoulies. I would marry Dr. Frank if I wasn't married to Aaron. I love a lot of bands. I have been listening to this album a ton lately. I know you're dying to get your hands on this stuff, so go here and buy everything and you can be awesome like me.

2. Elvis: I also like Elvis. I have been to Graceland and Graceland Too. I have an Elvis tattoo.


I also have been trying to get a TCB tattoo for a million years. I only want to do this with friends when I am in Tennessee because, of course, that is only fitting. (Do you know how hard it is to walk into a tattoo shop in Nashville and get four people tattooed? It's really hard. I guess we could make an appointment next time. Note to self: Make an appointment next time.) I also have this:


Aaron and I painted that bad boy many, many moons ago. It was my Christmas present to him. Elvis rules.

3. More pop punk: One time I asked Dr. Frank to autograph a coconut. I once accidentally spit my gum into a girl's full head of hair while dancing at a show. I once saw a Ramones cover band and it was probably the most embarrassing night of my life. For more on this topic, see No. 1.

4. Santa stuff: Lilly and Addie are a little too young to understand the whole Santa thing. I think Lilly thinks her grandpa is Santa. Whenever we try to explain Santa Claus to Lilly she strokes her imaginary beard and says "Papa?" They do have a lot in common, though. They are both very generous and they have a lot of facial hair.

5. Mother-in-law stuff: I struck the mother-in-law jackpot. She isn't overbearing or judgmental or insane. She's extremely sweet and helpful and she loves her grandkids like crazy. Of course, she lives 2,000 miles away... but even if we lived closer to each other, I'm sure she'd be just as awesome. I love her and I am really looking forward to the day when we live in the same state.

6. Youth group memories: When I was in high school, my best friends and I went to a church youth group on Wednesday nights. One night we showed up a little early and found a bird hanging out near the entrance. It jumped on my friend's shoulder and we decided that the bird needed to learn about Jesus so we brought it into church with us. It proved to be a bit of a distraction, but it eventually made its escape without causing too much trouble.

7. My pal Suzi: Suzi is a good friend of mine. She has an adorable little boy named Max and she makes really cute things out of felt. (You can buy your very own Suzi art here. Do it! Christmas presents!) So you wanna know how we met? Ok! I was at a Groovie Ghoulies show like ten years ago and it was my birthday. The Ghoulies sang happy birthday to me. I saw them again the next night and this lady comes up to me with a birthday card and a Hello Kitty button. She introduces herself as Suzi. We have been buds ever since. We once saw Michael Anthony at Disneyland. True story.

Well, there you have it... a little bit of rambling courtesy of Facebook.

2 comments:

  1. yes, next time we'll get tcb tattoos. and we have a tattoo artist that we go to regularly and likes us and would probably have let us do it tat night we tried. or, there is a sketchy looking place really close to our house, so we could always go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when it comes to tattoos, my motto has always been: the sketchier, the better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...