| I had to put Lilly in a chokehold to get her to take a picture with us. Babies. |
We hosted a little Christmas cookie party at Ronin Manor this weekend. My best friends came over along with their babies and husbands. We actually didn't do very much baking. We were too busy laughing like crazy. We tend to do that a lot when we all get together. What can I say? We're hilarious.
Lilly loved having her friends over. It takes her a little while to warm up to people, so she'll usually just take a step back and people watch. She has no problem sharing her toys, though... my sweet girl.
| "Hewwo? Hewwo?!" |
We attempted to watch some Christmas movies... which turned into us just watching the Bridesmaids special features. Lucky for us, my pal Kat baked a bunch of cookies earlier that day, so we had plenty of cookies to eat while we sat around not baking cookies.
| Chocolate peanut butter and cherry almond. Man alive. |
We eventually decided to throw on our aprons (figuratively speaking) and get baking. This whole thing was supposed to be a cookie party, after all. I made a batch of sugar cookie dough the day before and it sat in the fridge over night. It pretty much turned into a cookie dough brick, so we had to let it soften up a bit before the kids could dig in. And dig in they did. We gave them some cookie cutters and let them go to town. It was actually kind of gross... lots of sprinkles, sweaty little hands and a few itchy noses. They had a blast though, and I suppose that's all that matters. Let's hear it for the Christmas spirit.
| Lilly kept saying she was making pirate cookies. Arrrr! |
| "Oh man, this is even better than Play-doh!" |
| Only one child attempted to eat the raw dough. |
| Never too many sprinkles. |
It was the perfect little festive party. Even if we ate off of jack-o-lantern paper plates, it still really felt like Christmas. The food was great and the company was excellent.
I hope that one day, my girls are as lucky as I am when it comes to the friendship department. I love these dudes and I am so happy that our little families get to celebrate together.
Oh, and one more thing:
No comments:
Post a Comment